Scott
Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  European repair BMW shop foreman 8 years, Only shop in town that repair All Euro's, even Smart's
12331040

Smart ca: Where is battery located in Daimler Smart Car

Where is battery located in Daimler Smart Car

Scott :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will gladly assist you with your vehicle concern.

Scott :

I am guessing this is a Four/Two Passion.

Customer:

Thanks

Customer:

Yes

Scott :

Pull the carpet back on the Pass Side. BE CAREFUL not to tear the carpet at the center console... It happens.

Scott :

Also, be sure to connect the vent tube to the new battery. It HAS to be the correct battery, or you can fill the cabin with hydrogen gas.

Customer:

lost connection for a moment...

Scott :

I have frontier... it happens a lot

Customer:

Not replacing... Charging. Downside?

Scott :

Remove the battery to charge it. When replacing, remember to hook up the vent tube, and be sure it is not kinked or blocked. Also, be sure you have the radio code if you have a lock type radio. If the battery is already stone cold, then it really does not matter.

Customer:

just got the carpet pillared back.. Sorry for the delay.

Scott :

Do you see the cover?

Scott :

here is a close up

Customer:

two terminals.. One red ..the other brown.. I'm assuming the red is the pos.

Scott :

Yes. And Pay attention to the battery markings too (-) (+). Have had many attempt a reverse.

Customer:

two terminals ..one brown .. The other red...I assume

Scott :

You can follow the ground to the floor... where the cable is nutted; furthermore, the battery will only, really fit in one way. Also, the Poss should be on the right.

Customer:

two terminals.. 1 red.. The other brown..I assume red is pos. Have to ask.

Scott :

The red is the positive. It is wrapped with other wires.

Customer:

sorry about repeat replies. iPad is half baked. Will attempt to charge now. Any other tips would be appreciated. Can I request you as my expert in future? Have a 2011 gl450 that I have a cpl questions about. Thanks again, you were very helpful.

Scott :

I am just reinforcing your question with how to follow the ground to the body, as it is right there. Most vehicles will have the ground cable connected, at one point, near by the battery, or directly to the engine block/or trans bell housing on FWD domestics, and some imports.

The Smart, no room, in back, so they rely on s body ground, so be sure the threads are Clean where the NEG cable bolts into the body to the left of the battery.