Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

Mercedes-Benz CLS 550: How do you change the oil service indicator

How do you change the oil service indicator on a 2012 CSL 550?

eurotec :

Hi, are you trying to reset the oil service reminder after an oil change?

eurotec :

Click here for the reset procedure. Make sure that the doors are closed before you begin. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This answer is not for a 2012 CLS 550. It does not answer my question
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I asked for the reset oil indicator for a 2012 MBZ CLS 550 and this answer is not for a 2012.
Hi Frankie, the procedure I gave you should cover the W218 chassis. Where are you having trouble? The steering wheel is a generic picture. Don't go by the picture just follow the steps.
Hi Frankie, did you get my last reply. Do you still want my help on this?
Hi Frankie, you have left a bad service rating but you have not replied to any of my additional requests to help you. I'm trying to give you good service but you are not replying to me. Just reply back and let me know where you are having trouble and I will try to help you get this reset.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have already replied, but I will reply again. There is no position "1" on my 2012 CLS 550. I have a push button ignition, so it is either off or running. I have a TRIP and SERV option. Under SERV I can access ASSYST PLUS, but my only option if I press OK is a message that tells me I have exceed Service A by 100 miles. There is no part of your answer that relates to my car.
Ok, I never received that reply until now.

On a keyless go car you just push the start button once and release it to go to position 1. Just make sure that you do not press the brake pedal or the car will start.

After you get to position 1 with the vehicle mileage displayed you must scroll to the Trip option and then press and hold the Accept call button and within 1 second press and hold the OK button until you enter the service menu. Getting into the menu is the hardest part. From there you should be able to follow the steps to reset the service reminder.

Let me know how you make out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. You were correct that getting all the displays to line up in order to get to the menu was the trickiest. It took me several tries. I will change my rating to excellent.
Fantastic! I'm glad you got it done :-)