Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

2002 C230: controls..charger..fuse box..left of the steering wheel

Which fuse controls the cigarette lighter and the radio in a 2002 C230 (Kompressor). Was using my phone charger in the cigarette lighter a few days ago and when I removed it the radio stopped working and the cigarette lighter wont pop back up. There is no fuse chart in the fuse box to the left of the steering wheel in the body of the car....
Hi, fuse 47 in the front fuse box under the hood powers the lighter and the glove box lamp. I'm not so sure that it will solve your radio problem though. Check and replace the fuse if needed and see if it gets everything working again. I've attached a fuse box diagram below. Let me know if you need more help with this.

Fuse Assignment
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it's going to take me a few minutes here - (have to run down the street to the AutoZone place for fuse once I figure out which one from the picture you sent - is it ok if I write you back in about 20-ish minutes with whether or not it worked?
Yes that will be fine. I will be leaving for a little while at 5:30 EST. I will reply back as soon as possible if you need more help.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi! Huge smile here! It was definitely a 47 that was blown - and yes, yes yes! Both the cigarette lighter as well as the radio are now 100% again! Yehaw!! You are quite wonderful to have provided me with that diagram which I will not lose! I can't tell you how grateful I am for your help - you definitely get top marks! I was leery about doing this but I am one satisfied question-asker. : ) Smile