Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

2000 Mercedes S500: with factory 6 CD changer in the trunk

I have a 2000 Mercedes S500 with factory 6 CD changer in the trunk. Last week I got a massage on the screen stating that there was no CD magazine in the changer....But the magazine is in there, and will not eject. what can I do to fix this. thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
Hi, usually this is going to be a faulty CD changer. You can try disconnecting and reconnecting the changer and see if it starts working again. You can also try removing and inspecting fuse 61 in the rear fuse box below the passenger side rear seat cushion. If that doesn't help then the changer will need to be replaced or sent out for repairs. Click here for a repair service for the CD changer. Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How can I reconnect and connect the CD changer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How can I discinnect and reconnect the CD changer
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
You will need to remove the changer to disconnect it. You can remove fuse 61 and accomplish the same thing. I've attached a diagram below. You need to remove the footwell lamp to access the fuses.