Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Mercedes-Benz CLK430: clk430 1999 trunk wont open with release

clk430 1999 trunk wont open with release or remote. manual wont go in all the way. fuses are good. how can i open trunk? how cancheck release?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes I'm still waiting.
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok, thank you
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait. This is difficult because there is no way to get into the trunk if the key will not work in the lock. You need to try and get the key working by lubricating the lock cylinder or possibly ordering a new blade key. Otherwise the lock will need to be drilled out in order to unlock the trunk. I assume that the car battery is good. Your problem with the trunk release is probably going to be a faulty vacuum actuator for the lock. Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is vacuum accuator located and how do I test it?
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
Hi, sorry I had appointments and I got in late. The vacuum actuator is on the trunk lock. You will need to remove the lock and test it with a hand vacuum pump.
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.