Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician
Experience:  Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician
37243545

Alarm..disconnected my battery and it is still going off......amg

Alarm is going off. I have disconnected my battery and it is still going off.... I have a 2002 amg c32. any suggestions?

Michael Warfield :

Right, because the alarm has is own battery. Can't you just reconnect the battery and hit the unlock button with the remote key, or start the car?

Customer:

It will not let me start the car.

Michael Warfield :

Why were you disconnecting the battery in the first place?

Customer:

Under the hood. That was the one that was just replaced. Where is the battery for the alarm? We reconnected the battery under the hood - the car is completely dead.

Customer:

Why were disconnecting the battery...in hopes of getting the alarm to go off. All of a sudden the alarm started going off. Walked out to try to silence it - and start the car. It was completely dead.

Michael Warfield :

Are you sure your battey is charged up even. Measure the voltage of the battery or try to jump start it. The alarm is in the front right wheel well, just behind the right front wheel.

Michael Warfield :

You will have to lift the car a bit and try and get the rear of the right front wheel well off so you can take out the alarm.

Customer:

ok - I will have someone come handle this....Thank you so much for the guidance.

Customer:

30 yr chick - cant lift the car on my own!! :)