hauto, techincian
Experience:  AS degree from automotive colloge in auto technology, 15 years hands on experince. operate own shop

Mercedes-Benz E320: mercedez 97 e 320 I have code p0410

mercedez 97 e 320 I have code p0410
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for using JA

A p0410 fault code is a fault in the secondary air injection system. the system will need to be diagnosed to determine the problem. It could have a faulty air pump or one of the valves in the system could be faulty or it could be as simple as a broken vacuum line.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how I can fix it.
Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.

you'll need to diagnose it first to see it's the air pump, a vacuum line or a valve.

this a complex system and a scanner will need to be used to check the function of the valve and the pump. in some cases it could be a wiring problem to the pump.

I would suggest getting it diagnosed then you can replace the faulty part yourself to save some money.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok I have another question? my car kills the battery every night. maybe thats is the problems.
Expert:  hauto replied 4 years ago.
no this is a total different issue, this one is called a parasitic drain meaning that a circuit is staying on with the key off. has nothing to do with the emission problem that set the po410 code. You need a Mercedes specialist or a dealer to help you diagnose these issues.