Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

Light went out last night inside the manual

Customer Question

The trunk will not open with the remote, the inside button or the key.. light went out last night inside the trunk when it did open.. I was going to look in the owners manual but it is in the trunk
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.

eurotec :

Hi, perhaps you are not using the key properly. You need to insert the key and turn it counterclockwise to the 10 o'clock position and hold it in that position while pushing in on the trunk button. Try that and see if you have success.

eurotec :

Just reply back if you have any questions.

I got the trunk to open with the key... Will not open with remote or the switch inside the car. I get an error in the dash that the 3rd break light is out and also one of the license plate lights.. wife says the light inside the trunk was also out... The trunk will not open without the key even though car is unlocked.. Could it just be a fuse? Tried to open the fuse panel inside car but it did not want to open... do you know if all of those items are on one fuse?

Expert:  Marty replied 4 years ago.
The central locking pump activates the trunk release. If the central locks work this will not be a fuse problems. What this sounds like is a vacuum leak at the trunk actuator.