Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

What a code po 400 and po 415 means in a transmition escaner?

Customer Question

what a code po 400 and po 415 means in a transmition escaner?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 years ago.

eurotec :

Hi

eurotec :

A P0400 is an EGR system fault code and a P0415 is a secondary air injection system fault code.

eurotec :

What do you mean by transmission scanner?

eurotec :

Those are not transmission fault codes.

JACUSTOMER-jj4lhb0n- :

please help me i own a mercedes ml 320 and the transmssion have a problems i purchased a used fron salvage place ,with warranty the cas star having problems after the new used transmission so the guy told me to take the transmission to an scanner to know whats is the problem the scaner say code po400 and p415....is something that can be fix for my mecanic or i need to go back for a new transmission?

JACUSTOMER-jj4lhb0n- :

im sorry you right code is po700 and po715

eurotec :

Ok, that's much better. A P0700 and a P0715 are both telling you that there are codes stored in the transmission computer.

eurotec :

The codes that you had read are stored in the engine computer. To better understand the problem the fault codes in the transmission computer need to be read with a factory level scan tool. Usually these codes indicate that the conductor plate in the transmission is bad or that the transmission is slipping.

JACUSTOMER-jj4lhb0n- :

you still

JACUSTOMER-jj4lhb0n- :

so you recomend to go with tn

eurotec :

yes

eurotec :

Sorry I don't understand the question.

JACUSTOMER-jj4lhb0n- :

so you recomend to go back to the mecanic shop or i need a new transmission

eurotec :

The used transmission may be repairable if the conductor plate is bad.

eurotec :

It would have been a lot more comforting if it worked without problems after you had it installed.

eurotec :

The fluid level needs to be checked first. Next would be to have the transmission computer scanned for codes.

eurotec :

Does the transmission work at all?

JACUSTOMER-jj4lhb0n- :

they checked already and codes said po700 and po715 and yes car work but not to strong onlly 25 milles por hour

eurotec :

Well it sounds like the used transmission has an internal problem. They can either try to repair the used transmission or replace it with another used one.

eurotec :

Let me know if you need anything else.