Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

2005 CL600: vacuum hose..the vacuum pump in the trunk..door locks

What are the correct vacuum hose connections at the vacuum pump in the trunk of a 2005 CL600? Which color hose connects where. This is the pump that runs the auto door locks and soft close.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 2 years ago.

eurotec :

Hi, can you post your vin number for me?

Customer:

Yes, hang on please

Customer:

WDBPJ76J95A045037

eurotec :

Ok, I'll need a little time to research this. I'll post back my findings asap.

Customer:

Thanks

eurotec :

There is very little in the way of diagrams on this part of the car. Let's start with the picture below. It will give you the order in which the lines attach to the block. You will have to use a hand vacuum pump on each line to identify where each one goes. I think there will be two more lines left over for the head rests and the seats. Let me know how many lines you have in total and I'll continue to research this.

eurotec :

Full Size Image

Customer:

Let me check how many hoses there are and what color they are. I will also tell you how many more holes there are than hoses and the labels on each inlet. Give me a minute.

Customer:

The pump has 10 fittings

eurotec :

Ok, do you also have 10 lines?

Customer:

The top five are marked SK, KAF, HECH, TD and the last one or on the right if looking at the fittings en, in blank.

Customer:

The bottom fittings are marked FoR, FoL, BFT, FT and MKL

Customer:

There are four smaller yellow diameter plastic hoses.

Customer:

There is one larger yellow hose

Customer:

There is on gray hose

Customer:

There is one white hose

Customer:

The MB or Bosch No. of the pump is 200-800-12-48

eurotec :

Ok, let me work on this.

Customer:

Thanks

eurotec :

I was able to identify three of the connections so far.

BFT - right front door
FT - left front door
MKL - multi contour back rest

Customer:

OK

Customer:

Can you send me the keys to the diagram you sent earlier?

Customer:

I have an appointment an may not respond for a whle, but will leave te computer on so that I can follow you through my cell phone. Hope you can help me...

eurotec :

Ok, still working on it but got a little busy here at work.

eurotec :

I found an image of the connectors that may help a little also.

eurotec :

Full Size Image

eurotec :

And here is another from a CL model.

eurotec :

Full Size Image

eurotec :

That last picture might be the most helpful.

eurotec :

Let me know if that is enough to get you going.

Customer:

This looks the most promising

Customer:

When I get home I'll let you know how it went.

eurotec :

Great! I'll be around if you need anything.

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX do it.

Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.