Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

On this SL500, what is the fuse number for the cigarette lighter?

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 years ago.

eurotec :

Hi, standby and I'll look up the location for you.

eurotec :

Hi

eurotec :

Fuse 62 in the rear fuse box is for the lighter.

eurotec :

Full Size Image

eurotec :

Full Size Image

eurotec :

Click on the images above.

eurotec :

Let me know if you need more help with this.

Customer:

Any tips on getting the storage compartment out so I can access the fuse box? I took off the front panel and the two obvious screws that have to come out. It's still in there very snugly and doesn't seem to want to come out.

eurotec :

I think just the botXXXXX XXXXXfts out on some of those. You should be able to go in through the front panel to remove the fuse if need be.

Customer:

The whole storage compartment has to come out as one of the braces sits right in front of the fuse box and limits the access to the fuses. In the picture you attached, the entire storage compartment was removed. It can't be there hard, I just didn't want to break something trying to get it out.

eurotec :

It seems to me that on the later models pulling the storage box was more involved. I thought just the bottom of the box lifted out on some of those.

eurotec :

If you cannot get it lifted out you should be able to go through the front with a needle nose pliers and pull the fuse.

Customer:

I had the battery checked. It checked out good, but needed charged - 45% charged. Probably need to take it to the shop and have them look at it as it doesn't seem to be an easy problem.

eurotec :

If the car were here I would connect it to Star Diagnosis to read out the fault codes in all of the control modules. That, along with the basic electrical test of the battery and charging system is where to start.

Customer:

Ok, thanks for your help!