Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer

e350: abs, esp, brake, display on functioning..indicator..restart

Customer Question

when it rains my e350 2006, abs, esp, brake, display on functioning ,indicator message comes on. Also transmission will not come out of park until I restart engine and quickly put in drive and paddle to high gear. Whats up with the rain??
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 5 years ago.
There are control unit boxes on the left and right sides of the engine bay. It is possible that either the lids are not closed properly or water drains are clogged up. That will cause water ingress into these units and such malfunctions. Most likely, the problem is in the left side module box.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What are the control unit boxes called , and what are their purpose?? Give me more info. on where they are located?? please thank you..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What do these control unit boxes look like and what size are they . need mro info. to locate them .pls.
Expert:  Stan replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for the accept,

Click here for the left module box removal description.
It contains SAM (main voltage supply unit), ESP and other control units.

Expert:  Stan replied 5 years ago.

Check the drains on the right side. Water from there might get into the right footwell and flood transmission control unit.

Front passenger`s kickpanel must be removed to see if water got into transmission`s control unit, which is fixed to the opposite side.