Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

Mercedes-Benz E350 What is a schedule C maintenance for a

Customer Question

What is a schedule C maintenance for a 2006 E350 Mercedes? Also, I was stopped at a stop sign. When I stepped on gas, the car did not move. I was in drive! I turned the car off and restarted. It was fine after I did that. Problem?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Anthony replied 5 years ago.
Hello! Welcome to justanswer!

What mileage are you at?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

57,000 miles

Expert:  Anthony replied 5 years ago.

What does it say on the dash as far as service goes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Service C - due. . I wanted to know what service was recommended at this time. I just had oil changed. Also,Car was in drive at a stop sign and would not go when I stepped on gas. I turned car off and restarted and it was ok.
Expert:  Anthony replied 5 years ago.
Are any other warning lights on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Marty replied 5 years ago.
Hi, a C service simply means that the car is due for a 3 hour maintenance service. The letters don't actual stanf for any specific services. The services due will need to be called up on the instrument panel display in order to see what is needed. I can tell you that at this mileage the services will most likely be a lube oil and filter, air filter replacement, cabin filter replacement and a complete inspection.

As far as your problem that you experienced the other day I suggest that you have the car connected to the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester to read out the fault memory of the computer. I suspect that there may be a fault code stored for the accelerator pedal position sensor.

Let me know if you have any questions.