DCTRBENZ
DCTRBENZ, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  16 YEARS MERCEDES EXPERIENCE
61083505

01 MERCEDES SLK 320. CONV TOP INOPERATIVE. FUSE #7, 5AMP BLOWN.

01 MERCEDES SLK 320. CONV TOP INOPERATIVE. FUSE #7, 5AMP BLOWN. COMBINATION CONTROL MOD, WAS BURND. WEE REPLACED THE MODULE AND STILL THESAME FUSE KEEP BLOWING, BUT NOT ALL THE TIME. NO SIGN OF TOP TO BE OPERATIVE

graphicHi,
I will gladly help you in any way.

Here is the wiring of fuse 7

y66/1 is the revers park solenoid in the shifter, h7 is the center rear view mirror dimming, s84 is the roof switch and n10-3 is the multi-function control unit

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what I need to know, is what could be blowing the fuse when I try to open the top. The fuse don't blow inmediatly, and not allways, but the top don't work; and what burn the multi-funtion control in the first place. What should I look for firths
Is it possible that something was spliied into the roof switch? Does the switch light up when it needs too? Does you rear view mirror always seem to be dimmed? I would start by unplugging the dimming mirror. fuse 7 only powers the diagnostic light in the button. looking back you have a 2001 car so that fuse should not power the y66 solenoid. pin 58 on the CCM is a key switched circuit to turn that module on. If it still blows after un plugging the mirror the next step would be possibly the roof switch.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thanks.

I am glad I was of service.