DBAutomotive, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  8 years experience as automotive technician, Mercedes-Benz Master Certified Technician

Mercedes-Benz C240 My brake wear sensor is on what does it

My brake wear sensor is on what does it mean and the cost. I own a 2005 C240 Mercedes
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  DBAutomotive replied 5 years ago.

DBAutomotive :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

The light coming on is a message to have your brakes inspected. There are sensors located in your pads that will turn on that light when that brake pad is worn to the sensor- Usually approx. 20% life remaining.

If you just needs pads you are looking around $200 for pads to be replaced per axle. If you need rotors it could be more.

You will need to have the brakes inspected and the technician can measure your rotors as well as give you a current reading on exactly how much brake work needs to be performed.