Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, Master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Mercedes-Benz sprinter mercedes sprinter 57 plate fault code

Customer Question

mercedes sprinter 57 plate fault code is p1955 lost all power and engine management light is flashing. can anyone tell me whats wrong and how to fix it
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if further info is needed.

Billy :

P1955: Glow plug control module 2 (J703) to PCM communication circuit, range / performance

Billy :

This basically means that there is a problem with the wiring......

Billy :

You should check the wiring connectors at control units (engine, and glow plug units)........these should be in engine compartment just behind headlight........

Billy :

Check these connectors....and others for any loose.....water ingress, non insulated wires......

Billy :

And make sure you have clean and tight battery cable contacts, and engine ground cable.

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if further info is needed.....positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/