Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, Master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Mercedes-Benz E430 hi i have a bas esp and abs light on my

Customer Question

hi i have a bas esp and abs light on my dash i have replaced the break light switch no better and had it on a non merc fault reader which brings up steering angle sensor on 2 ecu's can you help me on this and how to replace etc or should i look elsewhere for a different fault ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if further info is needed.

Billy :

I would suggest that you first check using a star scan tool (or equivalent).....a scan tool, that has good mercedes capabilities.

Billy :

And if you still get the same code (C1140, C1540...which is a steering angle fault).......you should first and foremost check the steering sensor wiring and connector..........as this is the most common fault for this.,....so the sensor itself, is most likely good.

Billy :

There is a bulletin issued by mercedes on that subject....which i will cinlude so you get the details:

Billy :

You should also check fuse F4 in dash fuse box......and the wiring and connectors of sensor (under steering wheel0.

Billy :

You are advised to have a professional check this, as this requires disabling the airbag and removing....

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if further info is needed.....positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/