Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

2007 Mercedes ML350: the parking lamps has burned..headlight assembly

I have a 2007 Mercedes ML350. One of the parking lamps has burned out. How do I remove the front cover/grill so that I can access the headlight assembly? I found the first 3 screws, but the cover is still pretty firmly attached.

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

These lamps can be tough to get to.

If this is a lamp that is closest to the grill right next to the headlight you don't have to remove anything to gain access to the bulb.

To gain access open the hood and use a flashlight to look at the back of the headlamp/park lamp assembly,you should see the lamp socket where it is inserted into the park lamp assembly,use long needle nose pliers or similar to grab the socket and twist the socket counter clockwise and then the socket and bulb will pull out.

Then the bulb can be replaced and the socket can be reinstalled the same way it was removed.It can be tough to get to but this is the best way to do this here.

If it is an outer or outside park lamp on the outer side of the headlamp you can access it through the wheel well area by removing the clips on the inner wheel well and peeling the inner wheel well back some to gain access to the socket and bulb.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!