Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

2003 Mercedes Benz: H and brake service indicators..brake pad

Customer Question

I need to know how to reset the service "H" and brake service indicators on a 2003 Mercedes Benz E 320? The service is completed and brake pad have been replaced.
(Thanks in advance)
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.

eurotec :

Hi, click here for the procedure to reset the service reminder.

eurotec :

Your brake pad warning light will go off by itself as long as all of the brake pad sensors were replaced. If you have replaced all of the front and rear sensors you need to recheck all of them and make sure they are all plugged in properly.

Customer:

There is a number "1" on the information sent, but what is the callout pointing to? On my end, it is pointing to the turn signal lever.

eurotec :

It's not a great picture. The arrow is pointing to the reset button at the lower left corner of the instrument cluster.

Customer:

Ok.... I am going to another city tomorrow, about an hour away to set this computer. Is there a way that I can contact you if the plan fails?

eurotec :

You can just reply back to this question if you need more help.

Customer:

Yes.sir. Thanks for your help.

Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Eurotec.
I tried to reset the mainatinence indicator based on the information submitted, and it did not work. The mileage and factory setting were originated, but the "service H exceeded by 37 days" still remains. This is what I need to clear.
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi Manuel, were you ever able to get to the screen where it gives you the option to confirm the service?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I believe that I was there. The screen that was closest to reset instructed me to press the reset button on the left dash area. I did and the screen stated that the factory settings were restored... but the service indication appeared again.
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Ok, that sounds like you were not in the correct menu. Click here for a better set of instructions to reset the reminder.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Eurotec.

With the help of the information that you sent and the owners manual (and 130 miles later), I was able to reset the service code on the Mercedes. Thanks for all of your help.

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
That's fantastic Manuel! I'm glad you were able to get it reset.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Eurotec.

This E320s still haunting me. I mentioned in the beginning that a brake codewas on as well as the service reset. The brake code still remains. It still states " service brake, visit workshop" I do not believe this is sensor related, because when I disconnect a sensor, the screen turns red and recommends brake pad replacement. The current service

indicator is silver like the rest of the dash illumination.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good morning Eurotech. I believe I found the problem. The high mount or third light in the center of the trunk was not fully operational. I have not confirmed, because I have to get anotther and retest the system. In Germany, all of the exterior lights need to be operational due to situations like the Autobahn. I will confirm after I replace the unit, which has LED's and maybe it will help some others down the road.

Thanks......

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi Manuel, if that doesn't do it you are going to need to get the fault codes read in the traction control system. The warning light is telling you that a fault exists in the system. The codes will point to the specific problem.