Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Mercedes-Benz CLK430 My CD changer in the trunk is stuck on

Customer Question

My CD changer in the trunk is stuck on one CD and does not work because of it. can I unstick it myself? and how to go about it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

This is a common issue on the cd changers in these vehicles as I have seen quite a few times before.

What you can try and do here is remove the screws that hold the cd changer in place and lift it out slightly to where you can access the power connection.Unplug this connection for about 5 minutes to reset the cd changer.

Then plug it back in.If it starts to operate o.k. from there then you should be o.k. but if it doesn't operate properly then the cd changer will have to be replaced with a new or re manufactured cd changer.

In most cases the cd changers end up needing replacement to correct this problem as the problem is usually an internal mechanical failure.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dismantled the changer hot the CD out and lubricated most moving parts. Re assembled it reinstalled in the trunk and it seems to work perfectly. Thank you enjoy the bonus
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
Your welcome,good to see it is working again.If it continues to fail off and on then this usually indicates that it needs replaced.

Let us know if you need anything in the future.

Thanks Pete!