Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

MERCEDESBENZ: REAR FUSE BOX DIAGRAM VERY CONFUSING..TRUNK LID..WONT

Customer Question

MERCEDES BENZ 2003 CL500. REAR FUSE BOX DIAGRAM VERY CONFUSING!! WAS TRYING TO CHANGE A FUSE AND NOW THE TRUNK LID WON'T OPEN, AND THE DRIVER'S SEAT POWER SEAT ADJUSTMENTS AREN'T OPERATING. DRIVER'S SEAT WON'T MOVE AND TRUNK LID WON'T OPEN FROM THE OUTSIDE, OR BY THE DRIVER'S DOOR. HELP!!!

ALSO HAVING PROBLEM WITH THE AC. THE RED LIGHT ON THE AC BUTTON WILL NOT GO OFF. SO THE AC IS NOT TURNING ON. I THOUGHT IT WAS A FUSE PROBLEM AND TRIED CHANGING THE FUSE. NOT SURE IF I CHANGED THE RIGHT ONE THOUGH BECAUSE THESE FUSE DIAGRAMS FOR MERCEDES ARE VERY CONFUSING! THEY HAVE ALL THESE NUMBERS FOR THE DIFFERENT FUSES, BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF OPEN SLOTS WITHOUT A FUSE HOLDER.

FRUSTRATED MERCEDES OWNER

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.

eurotec :

Hi, do you need a diagram of the rear fuse box and fuse locations?

Customer:

I have a diagram already but seems confusing. I've seen diagrams out there in german as well. Go ahead and send me a diagram for all 5 fuse box locations.

Customer:

I am still going to need assistance on showing me where the fuse is located that controls the trunk and driver's side power seat adjustment.

Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
VIN #: WDBPJ75J03A034586
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I NEED TO KNOW WHICH NUMBER FUSE IS TO OPEN THE TRUNK, WHICH NUMBER FUSE IS TO OPERATE AND MOVE THE DRIVER'S SEAT, AND WHICH NUMBER FUSE IS TO CONTROL THE AC BUTTON ON THE DASHBOARD.
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, sorry I had to leave for a Mother's Day dinner.

Fuse 57 and 62 in the rear fuse box under the rear seat should be checked for the trunk problem. For the driver's seat you will need to check fuse 64 in the rear fuse box. On your a/c problem it sounds like the system is low on refrigerant.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
NOW THERE'S NO SOUND COMING OUT OF MY SPEAKERS FOR BOTH THE RADIO AND CD! WHICH FUSE NUMBER CONTROLS THE SPEAKER SOUND?

FRUSTRATED OWNER
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Your amplifier is fuse 25 in the main fuse box under the hood on the driver's side. Sometimes disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 minutes will reset the system also.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I TRIED ALL OF THAT BUT THERE IS STILL NO SOUND COMING OUT OF THE SPEAKERS.
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
If your fuses are good and the reset didn't help you are going to need to have the car connected to the Mercedes Star Diagnostic tester to read out the fault memory of the sound system. There may be a communication or configuration fault or the amplifier may have failed.