Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician
Experience:  Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician

Mercedes-Benz ML500 I have a 2003 Mercedes ML500, with the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Mercedes ML500, with the voice control stalk, separate owners manual, phone unit mounted under passenger seat and charger/cradle in center armrest. I bought a V60 bluetooth adapter for the cradle, and there is no power going to it. When pressing phone on the MCS dash unit, I get the message "No phone installed". The voice control stalk also does not work. I also discovered a module with a computer style connector under the passenger side kickpanel, with an aftermarket XM Sirius unit velcroed to it. I don't know if this is the voice control module or whether its related to the Sirius unit. I want to make the voice control and phone functional. Any help diagnosing and fixing these two features would be much appreciated.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 5 years ago.
that module under the seat is the tele-aid module and doesn't have anything to do with the phone system. You will need to purchase a phone module, here is a website that lists all the part numbers and directions to install the phone.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How are we to be certain that the car does not have the voice control module or mobile phone module already installed? First, the voice control stalk was in place, and a separate owners manual for it was included in my paperwork. Secondly, it did already have the phone cradle and microphone installed as well. Where exactly would these two modules be located if they were factory installed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Disappointed with the length of time it takes to get responses to my questions. Still waiting for a followup answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have discovere that the car HAS a PSE phone module mounted underneath the passenger side kickpanel. How would I activate it?