Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years of in the Motor Trade as diagnostic Technician and general repair work.

Mercedes-Benz 220 I need a fuse diagram for 96 C220, I have

Customer Question

I need a fuse diagram for '96 C220, I have one that has a Windshiled Wiper Unit not working, Replaced the motor, but no go, the wipers will not work, any ideas
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

There are two types - whats known as type 1 and type 2... but this should be type this one has the fuse for the wipers only ...whereas type 2..the one fuse covers wiper motor and headlamps...

So I will give you an image of the fuse box - type 1...showing the fuse for the wipers - a 30 amp - fuse 15.

For that - click HERE. This fuse box is on the left hand side under the viewed looking under the bonnet from the front of the car.

If its not a blown fuse - you need then to check for power at the wiper motor - if there is power there, the motor / linkage is suspect. If not, then the switch is suspect.That will all have to be checked through using a meter / 12 v tester.

I'm very pleased to have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.