Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Mercedes-Benz GL450 What is the life expectancy of a Mercedes

What is the life expectancy of a Mercedes GL450-2007 car battery with about 60,000 miles
We have had to jump it twice in the last year honestly because the ignition was on but the car was not running - our mistake
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

It is hard to pinpoint the life of a battery as it all depends on if the battery is charged at all times meaning driven frequently and long distances or if it is driven once and awhile and very short distances,all of this will put strain on the battery and can lower or increase the life expectancy.

Usually we like to see these batteries last 4 to 6 years,some fail sooner and some can last even longer as I have seen The Mercedes original battery ion some vehicles for over 10 years.

The best way to find out if your battery is good is to have a shop/dealer test the battery,this usually takes less then 15 minutes and some places will do this free of charge.The test will let you know if the battery is still good or if it needs replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!