Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Mercedes cl500: a battery drain in fuse # 62 under right rear seat.can

Customer Question

Hi I have a mercedes cl500 with a battery drain in fuse # XXXXX under right rear seat.can you tell me what this fuse is for?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.

eurotec :

Hi, fuse 62 is for your PSE module.

eurotec :

The PSE module is your central locking pump.

eurotec :

It's located in the left side of the trunk.

eurotec :

Full Size Image

eurotec :

Please remember to click Accept so I receive credit for my help.

Customer:

do you know what could cousing the drain?

eurotec :

If your drain is on fuse 62 you should disconnect the PSE module and see if your drain goes away. If it does then I'd say your PSE module is bad.

Customer:

I did disconnect the PSE, but it didn't go away, any other advice?

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
I would disconnect the rear fuse box and see if the drain goes away. Make sure you disconnect the battery first. I've seen a lot of rear signal acquisition modules (fuse box) drain the battery on that model.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I disconnected the red wire, this is the thick power supply wire that goes on the right hand side of this fuse box. it is held down by some sort of push down tab and the drain went away. do i have a bad fuse box for sure?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I forgot to mention that first i disconnected all the connectors on the back of the fuse box and it didn't make a diference, then i connected everything and only disconnected the big red wire and thats when the drain went away

please let me know

Thanks

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Network diagnostics are not always straightforward but if you have removed all of the fuses in the rear SAM and you still have a drain and it goes away when you disconnect the SAM then I'd say you need to try a new rear SAM.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I replaced the fuse panel under the right rear seat and had no luck. when i unpluged the sam which is connected right on the fuse panel the drain was still there. the drain goes away only when i disconnect the large red wire on the right hand side of the fuse panel, thats why i assumed that was the problem.

what do you recomend to do next?, do you have the squematic for the fusebox or fuse #62?

Thanks