Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Mercedes-Benz E500 The service D just came up, What is entailed

The service D just came up, What is entailed in this service, my son lost the mantanice book.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

I just need a little more info to assist better.

Can you tell me how many miles are on this vehicle so I can try and locate the correct service info?

Let me know,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am looking for a check sheet for service D on a 2006 MB E500
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
I can let you know what your vehicle is calling for on this service here.

Sit in your vehicle with the doors closed,turn the key to the first position on(the first click on)then press the cluster rest button on the left hand side of your cluster,press and release this button 3 times in short succession,you should get a service display of some sort on the cluster screen.

Use the + and - buttons on the steering wheel to get to items on this screen push the window looking button on the steering wheel(the window button that has the blank box over the lined box).

You should then see numbers (example:2,3,12,20,etc.)let me know what these numbers are and I can tell you what your vehicle is calling for for this service D.

These are all different on vehicles and usually no service D is the same,it all depends on the mileage and the time since the last service.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Under items it lists, US Service 4,9,12, 14. is that what you need?
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Yes,perfect.

Here is the description of what each service is and what your vehicle needs.Once these have been performed then the service reminder can be reset.

4: Doesnt apply to this model vehicle (sometimes it will bring up this number but it wont apply to this vehicle)

9: Check body and paint work and replace brake fluid.Usually about 1.5 hours labor to do this.

12: Engine oil and filter change (usually about a half hours charge)

14: Major vehicle check over on ground and up in air on hoist(the technician will check the vehicle over complete from testing batteries,checking fluid levels and topping them off,checking tire and adjusting tire pressures,check brake conditions,tire conditions,belt and hose conditions,check wiper blade condition,function test systems like Tele Aid,wipers,brake operation,etc.Basically a full complete vehicle check over.The charge for this varies depending on dealer location.Sometimes an hours charge.

Some dealers will just charge a flat rate charge for the service no matter what has to be done.

These are all the items your vehicle is calling for for service D at this time.The next time service D comes up it may be something different as it all depends on time and mileage.

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience: Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician