Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

Mercedes: the key and i can not turn my key..c230

DAS did not recognize the key and i can not turn my key in my c230 Mercedes...
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Do you have a second key to try at all to see if it will turn in the ignition or start the vehicle and if so have you tried it?

Let me know,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

NO... This has been going of for about a week.... Each day it takes longer for the ignition to reconize the fob... With this problem I put a new battery in the fob and also a new battery in the car... Now the fob will not turn at all when i put it in...

Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.

The most common failure for the concern you have here is the key being faulty and the electronic ignition switch and the theft components don't recognize it.

I have had to replace quite a few of these keys before to correct this exact problem.

The only way to be sure is to have a dealer hook up their sds scan machine to observe the data from the key to see if the ignition recognizes it,if it doesn't then the key needs replaced.

These have to be ordered new from a Mercedes dealer and can cost up to $200 for the key.A used key from another vehicle wont work and cannot be programmed to this vehicle,it has to be ordered by the vin number off of your vehicle from Mercedes.It only takes 1 day to get a new key as they are shipped overnight.

I suspect this is what is failing here on your vehicle and most likely needs replaced as this is most common to fail.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!