Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

fault with the srs..warning light goes out once an adult sits

I have a C180 2006 model, I continually get a fault with the SRS, I have been told that the car thinks a baby seat has not been properly installed, even though I have never tried to install a baby seat. The warning light goes out once an adult sits in the front passenger seat. Are you able to advise what may be causing this?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 6 years ago.

Diagnostics Engineer :

Diagnostics Engineer :

The problem is caused by malfunctioning passenger seat occupied sensor. It detects if somebody sits in it or baby seat is installed.

Diagnostics Engineer :

To cure the issue, this sensor must be replaced. It is mounted into the bottom part of the seat, under a seat cover. To do that seat must be almost completely disassembled.

Diagnostics Engineer :

Best Regards, Stan

Customer :

ok I dont mind doing DIY is there a mercedes part or can it be obtained from a motor factor. Also any idea on cost?

Diagnostics Engineer :

Only original part is avaliable, but some parts stores might offer OEM parts as well. The cost is around 300 pounds.