Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

Mercedes-Benz R350 radio on but no sound coming out but if

radio on but no sound coming out but if you plug in headphones you can hear is there a fuse for the car speakers
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

I just need a little more info to assist better.

Is there any sound out of any speakers in this vehicle?

Are the head phones being plugged into the rear outlets for sound?

Let me know so we can continue,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no sound out of speakers and yes plugged into rear outlets
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there a fuse for the speakers or is the amp bad was working fine no signs of nothing
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.

I have seen amplifiers fail on this vehicle here and can cause this problem.I have also seen it to where the amplifier wont power up to send out the sound and can cause this.

What you can try here to see if it corrects the fault is pull the fuse for the amp for about 5 minutes,then reinstall it and see if the sound comes back then.This fuse is located in the rear of the vehicle on the passenger side,if you open the tail gate and remove the side panel door on the passenger side rear interior you should see this fuse box.

Remove fuse # XXXXX which should be a 30 amp fuse,inspect it for being blown,if it is blown replace it,if it isn't blown then leave it out for about 5 minutes then reinstall it and see if you have sound again.

If you don't have sound then most likely the amplifier is faulty and would need replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!