Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

Mercedes-Benz C320 how to reset the brake warning light on

how to reset the brake warning light on a 2003 c320 mecedes
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

I just need a little more info to assist better.

Can you tell me what light is on here?

Is it the light that says brake on it or the brake pad warning light?

Let me know so we can continue,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
warning light .
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.

This light will reset itself right away when the key is switched on if the brake fault is no longer present meaning the affected pads that are worn have been replaced as well as new sensors.

If this light is still on then I would check the rest of the pads to make sure no other pads front or rear are worn into the sensor.If there is another set of pads that are worn front or rear then those need replaced as well as well as a new sensor and this light will shut off.

If all pads and all sensors are o.k. then the sensor wiring needs checked to make sure it hasn't rubbed through anywhere on the vehicle and is contacting a ground point on the body.

The sensors wear when the pads wear and when worn down enough they will contact the rotors and this grounds the sensor out which sends a signal to turn this light or message on.So if the brake sensor wiring is grounded elsewhere then you will still see this message as the vehicle thinks the pads are worn.

So all pads and sensors need inspected all the way around,if o.k. and hasn't worn into the sensors then the wiring from each sensor needs inspected for being grounded and then repaired.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!