Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

C240: the reduce engine oil light came on yesterday..oil change

I have a c240 and the reduce engine oil light came on yesterday. I went to get an oil change yesterday evening. The sensor is still on. What would be the problem with the car?
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

If the oil level is where it should be and you still have this message the most common cause for this fault here is the oil level/quality sensor in the oil pan.

It can either fail electronically or stick and cause this problem.Most likely your oil level sensor is faulty and needs replaced as this is a common component to fail and cause this fault.

This sensor can cost up to $150 and take around an hours labor to replace.It is bolted in the oil pan,the bolts can be removed from it,the connector unplugged from it and the sensor then removed from the bottom of the oil pan and replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!