Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Clk430: EC light stays..drained..trunk..alarm

EC light stays on my CLK 430 and the battery is drained and car has no power now. The trunk won't open with the manual key and the alarm is buzzing and I can't turn it off because the car has no power and the alarm button doesn't work.

I've also noticed that you have taken the $30 from my debit card before even giving me an answer. I thought I only pay once I receive an answer and is satisfied with it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.

eurotec :

Hi, first of all lets try to power the car so you can open the trunk. There is a positive jumper post under the hood right in front of your fuse box on the drivers side. It is under a small swuare plastic cover with an X on it.

eurotec :

Connect your positive jumper cable there and your negative cable to a suitable chassis ground then use your remote to open the trunk.

eurotec :

On your a/c the most common causes of the EC light remaining on are due to low refrigerant or a bad a/c evaporator temperature sensor. I'd have the refrigerant level checked first.

eurotec :

As far as your payment the $30 is on deposit in your JA account. I do not receive payment for my portion of your deposit until you click Accept.

eurotec :

Let me know if you need more help with it.

Customer :

The car doesn't respond to the remote thats why we used the manual key to open the doors. The manual key opened the door but would not open the trunk. The car has now power and the alarm or some chirping sound has ran all night long on the car.

Customer :

I meant to say that the car has no power at all.

Customer :

I just read the first message on getting the car power under the hood. So there is a swith underneath the hood that I can use to jumpstart the car without connecting to the battery thats in the trunk?

Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I was driving into work and missed your reply. Let me know if you have any trouble finding the jump post in front of the fuse box.