MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My battery is flat and my remote control is unable..unlock

My battery is flat and my remote control is unable to unlock the car
Please what do i do?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 5 years ago.

MB Paul :

Hi - the battery is located under the air intake on the passenger side rear of the engine compartment. There are 3 clips that hold this on - unclip & remove the plastic intake & you will see the battery underneath where you will be able to charge/jump or replace the battery as required.

MB Paul :

As a tempory measure, you can also lock all the doors from the inside of the car apart from the drivers door - on the outside handle of the drivers there is a mechanical emergency lock (this may have a round plastic cover in that you need to prise out) - you can then slide the blade out from the key & lock the door here. This will not actuate the central locking or arm the alarm from this lock.

MB Paul :

Let me know how you get on & if you need anything else.

MB Paul :

Best regards, Paul