Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years of in the Motor Trade as diagnostic Technician and general repair work.

My 95 sl 500 lights up on abs and ars? how do i know whats wrong

Customer Question

my 95 sl 500 lights up on abs and ars? how do i know whats wrong with them.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

There are several areas of the vehicle's ABS/ASR systems that will cause the service light to come on.

You will want to have the code(s) read to know what area may have caused this.

Traction Systems (ABS, ASR, ETS) and Speed-Sensitive Power Steering (SPS)

Models 129, 140 as of 06/94 up to 08/95 (ASR, ETS, SPS)

Preparation for DTC Readout

1. Connect impulse counter scan tool or Hand-Held Tester (HHT) to data link connector (X11/4)
Note:
Connect yellow wire from impulse counter scan tool to:
ASR/SPS or ETS/SPS control module (N47-1 N47-2): socket 6
EA/CC/ISC control module (N4/1): socket 7
Base module (N16/1): socket 8
Engine control module (N3/4): socket 4
LH-SFI or right LH-SFI control module (N3/1, N3/3): socket 4
Left LH-SFI control module (N3/2): socket 5
DI or right DI control module (N1/3, N1/5): socket 17
Left DI control module (N1/4): socket 18

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sorry cant understand answer. too technical.
There are a lot of things that will make the lights come on. You will have to have the computer scanned to see what area the problem(s) may be in.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
cant appreciate the answer. sorry

That's all the information that I have on it. Let me opt out and we can re list the case to see if there may be another expert who may have more. No need to reply as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer.

The ABS and ASR lights have come on, because the computer that monitors these functions.. ( ABS.. Anti lock brakes - and ASR - Traction Control ) have detected a fault somewhere in those systems.

What you need to do now - is have the vehicle to a garage - to have a plug diagnostic test done on these systems.

This is the only way to find out why the lights are on - and doing that , the tech that does the plug in test - will then know why the lights are on - and will be able to cure the faults for you .

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.