Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

1965 MERCEDES 230: FUEL PUMP..FUEL FILTER..ENGINE COMPARTMENT

Customer Question

1965 MERCEDES 230 SL FUEL PUMP WORKING GAS COMING TO FUEL FILTER AND GOING THROUGH INJECTION LINE TO ENGINE COMPARTMENT BUT WILL NOT START CAR
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
eurotec :

Hi, I tried to help you with this in the past but I never hear back from you. If the car runs on starting spray and you have good fuel pressure and flow to the injection pump but no spray from the injectors your problem would appear to be with the injection pump itself. I'd disconnect any wires to the solenoids at the back of the pump to be sure they aren't causing the fuel shut off solenoid to stay on. Other than that I would say the pump needs to be rebuilt.

Expert:  Marty replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.