Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician
Experience:  Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician
37243545

Mercedes: keys..c230..alarm is activated so the trunk release

Customer Question

have locked my keys in the trunk of my c230 mercedes, got the doors open but alarm is activated so the trunk release on the door will not work, now what?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 6 years ago.
You will have to deactivate the alarm by pulling the negative battery cable loose for a minute. Then reconnect and you should be able to unlock all of the doors and pop the trunk. The battery is located underneath the hood along the passenger side fender against the firewall. It is underneath the black plastic cover that unclips.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, I am going to get my son to help me tomorrow and if this works I will accept your answer. Someone else on line said the battery is under the back seat, so I guess they are wrong?
It is definitely under the hood

I'm sorry the battery option didn't work. You'll have to do the more complicated option. On the driver's side of the dash there is a removable panel only accessible with the driver's door open. There is a fuse box in there. Try removing fuse 41 for a minute and then hitting the unlock button on the dash.