Merc-Dude
Merc-Dude, Mercedes Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  10 Years Mercedes Training
32900983

Hello My O4 Mercedez E320 Benz trunk wont open and 3rd light

Hello My O4 Mercedez E320 Benz trunk wont open and 3rd light and plates mulfunctions.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Merc-Dude replied 6 years ago.
Hi There I have seen this quite a lot, the wiring that goes down the left hinge behind the hinge cover will broken on the pivot.If you open the trunk with the blade key that is part of your remote key .Then remove the plastic rivots on the left hinge and trace the wiring down you will find it broken .The wiring section should be cut out and repaired with new cable. If you are happy with my answer click accept so i get payed for my information Cheers Dave.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello What hnge cover the fuse box cover in the trunk
Expert:  Merc-Dude replied 6 years ago.

Hi again When you have open the trunk there is a hinge bar that the trunk lid bolts on to what the whole lid pivots on they are covered with along plastic cover and held on with two plastic rivots remove the left one and you will see the harness

Edited by Merc-Dude on 4/8/2010 at 10:33 PM EST
Expert:  Merc-Dude replied 6 years ago.

graphicHi there I have been having trouble with pictures at thye minute you find it easier to see the harness if you remove the left inner boot trim as well it will give you more access to harness .Cheers Dave

Edited by Merc-Dude on 4/8/2010 at 10:38 PM EST
Expert:  Merc-Dude replied 6 years ago.
Hi there again just checking in with you to see how yougot on.Did you manage to remove the trim and find the broken wiring Cheers Dave