FIXITMAN, Master Technician

2003 SL500: in the trunk) within 15-20 hours..gets drained

I have a 2003 SL500, and it will drain the aux battery (the one in the trunk) within 15-20 hours. I have changed the battery to a brand new one, but it still gets drained. I tried to put an ampmeter, and the car draws around 2,2A permantly, even when it has fallen to sleep. Any good ideas about what can cause this problem. I have tried to remove the fuses one by one, to see if the amps lowers, but nothing significant happens.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer you need to have the dealer reprogram the battery control module. The programming is typically the problem that causes this. In some cases the module needs to be replaced, but reprogramming usually solves it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi. Is it possible to reprogram it yourself? Either with Carsoft 7.4 or Star diagnosis?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 years ago.
No, this can only be done by the dealer.