Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

My 2004 Mercedes C230 Kompressor (~125k miles) Check Engine

My 2004 Mercedes C230 Kompressor (~125k miles) Check Engine light has been on for several months. There are no noticeable performance symptoms. A read of the computer codes indicates an O2 sensor is likely culprit (not unusual). So I decided to replace the sensor(s) myself to see if that will resolve the issue. Where are the O2 sensors located on this vehicle?

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to help you.

well since you have the 4 cylinder all you have to do is open the hood and look at the passenger side manifold and follow a few inchecs down and you will see the upstream sensor and whem you veiw from underneath you will see the downstream sensor. you will need a 22mm wrench to remove and usually come out with a few taps. no need for torches and such they rarely seize into the exhaust. both oxygen sensors are located in the exhaust pipe and are easy to access . i can get pictures tomorrow and post to you but they are super easy to get to.

Please click ACCEPT if i have been helpful and let me know if i can be of anymore
assistance positive feedback and BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED , however do NOT
click accept if you are not happy with my answer and please do NOT leave
negative or nuetral feedback as it has a direct impact on me.THANKS,Lou.