Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

2000 E430 4Matic: an oil pan leak, a mechanic wants $900.00

I have a 2000 E430 4Matic with an oil pan leak, a mechanic wants $900.00 to remove the pan and repair the leak. Is this anyway close to reasonabe?
have you yourself seen the oil leak or just been told about it???
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just saw oil on the bottom of the engine, I do not really know where it is coming from.
well i can tell you that on these models the oil pan does not leak. usually its the front differential located on th passenger front of the engine. since you vehicle is a 4 matic i gaurantee its the ineer differential seal leaking and you would haev spent 900$ for a oil leak that would hav come right back. also check on the right front of the engine. there is a plug that is located below the oil filter housing the seal in the plug has been updated. usuallt the seal leaks oil all the way doen to the oil pan and oil fills the side of the oil pan so when viewed from underneath you would think its the oil pan. so i would personally look at the leaks and unless oil is dripping while your standing there have them clean all the old oil and drive it for 1 week and return and personally look at the leak again if its not anywhere as bad as what they meak it seem just recheck it once a month. our cars do not usually leak profusley. its always slight seeps that build up over time and make it seem worse than it is!!!!!!!!!