Nelson Garcia
Nelson Garcia, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  6 Years Mercedes Benz Dealer Technician, 5 Years Master Certified
15772482

How to change a low beam bulb on a B200?

Customer Question

how to change a low beam bulb on a B200?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Nelson Garcia replied 4 years ago.
If you open the hood you should see a cover toward the back of the headlight. You will have to remove this cover and then you will remove the bulb that is out. Reinstall in the reverse order.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do I get the clip back in?
Which style bulb did you have? H7? It should go over the bulb and then squeeze and put into the locking tabs.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
cant find the lock tabs??
There are different styles. How did you remove that bulb. Did you have to unclip a piece of metal like a paper clip or did you just untwist the bulb to remove?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

un clip,cant remember how it was in there

Okay. If you have the unclip style you need to turn the bulb to the correct position so it sits flat on the headlight and is not in any angle. Then the clip will fall flat onto the top when you swing it over the top of the bulb. Then you either squeeze the clip in and push in and pull out to lock in or its the opposite. Open the clip and then close over the lock tabs. Not sure which direction yours is setup.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is the open end of the clip up or down?cant see in there
The open end of the clip should go over the direction of the bulb. When the clip is out it should be away from the light or out and it should be flat or down when it is going to be locked.
Nelson Garcia, Mercedes Technician
Experience: 6 Years Mercedes Benz Dealer Technician, 5 Years Master Certified
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thanksI,ll give it a try
Ok Good luck. thankyou for choosing JA.