Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

1999 mercedes: a fan belt configuration diagram..sprinter..tension

Hi would you have a fan belt configuration diagram for 1999 mercedes sprinter 312 also with the tension showing on it Thanks
HiCustomer could you post your vin # XXXXX?

Marty
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
wdb9034622p856735
Ok, that didn't help me narrow it down as much as I hoped it would. I'm attaching the instructions for both of the belt drive possibilities on your car that show the routing along with the various routing possibilities. Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Replace V-Ribbed Belt
Replace Poly V-Belt
Belt Routing / Page1
Belt Routing / Page 2

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Diagram is fine but i need the information on the tension set up i have the belt on but the tension is slack can u give mw a picture on this thanks
Yes I can, can you tell me which setup you have? Is it the V-ribbed belt or the Poly V-belt instructions that apply to your car?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Poly-v-belt without air con

Ok, that setup just uses the spring to tension the lever. Are you sure you have the correct length belt installed?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes i have the correct belt but i removed the spring when changing the belt and there was a lot of pressure on the spring which i cant seem to get back on the spring im wondering if i have replaced the spring in the correct order thanks
Ok, I understand now. The document below will help. You need to remove the bolt in the head and swing the arm down, attach the spring and then swivel it up into position and slide the bolt back through. Use a heavy rod or phillips screwdriver to fit into the hole of the arm to swivel it. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Slacken Poly V-Belt