nelson garcia
nelson garcia, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  8 years experience with Mercedes Benz,Master Certifie and 3 years of road side technisian.
21112044

C230: 02

02 C230 heating system. Foot well air volume does not exist, works in other directions.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  nelson garcia replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer/p>

if all other directions work your problem could be the footwell flap actuator motor.we have replace alot of flap motors but there usually for the fresh air flap and the center flap and they also make a clicking sound from the dash,this sound is made when the motor is trying to open but the linkage is crack so the motor keeps turning and the flap doesn't move.ill see if i could find a picture of the flap motor and the linkage,Nelson.

Hire is the picture with all the flap motors [M2/15/M2/10 are the same] is the one opening and clossing the footwell flap.You will need the motor and the linkage.

graphic

Edited by nelson garcia on 11/25/2009 at 3:10 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for immediate response.

I will assume that the heater motor assembly needs to be removed in order to replace this part?

No.The center console,driver/passenger unde dash panels,glove box,radio,climate control,vents,the panels next to the radio[the left and right],ash tray,and then you will see the black bracket were all radio,climate control goes inn,that you also have to remove and the motor should be at the left,you could get to it without taking anything else apart,just that it will be a little hard.there are 2 20torks screws holding the motor and the linkage is behind it.if you havent done this before i wouldn't recomend doing it,because there are alot of screws and spesial ways of taking things apart.good luck,
nelson garcia, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience: 8 years experience with Mercedes Benz,Master Certifie and 3 years of road side technisian.