MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

get to the heater fan in my vito van its a R reg..glove shelf.Kind

can someone please tell me how to get to the heater fan in my vito van it's a R reg 108D with a glove shelf.Kind regards JF.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 4 years ago.

I have attached the instructions to remove the heater fan in your Vito - note that on a RHD UK vehicle the fan is on the passenger side! Remove the underdash trim to gain access on the passenger side:

Remove heater blower

Best regards, Paul
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Paul......my van is a uk vehicle,so i guess i need to know how to get the glove shelf out to give more acsess.

Regards JF.

Expert:  MB Paul replied 4 years ago.
Hi JF,

From memory you simply need to unclip the black plastic trim on the underside of the passengers dash to gain access to the screws that holds the motor in - have you removed the trim to have a look from the underside?

Best regards, Paul
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have had a quick look under there but cant seem to see much, i can see the motor if i take the louver vent out,( the one that can blow air to the side window)but obviously i would need more space to work in to be able to get to the motor
Expert:  MB Paul replied 4 years ago.

It is tucked up there but am sure you can access it from the underside.
I have never had to take the glovebox out & without looking think it is moulded to the whole dashboard & not even removable! I am at home at the moment & unable to physically see one but cannot even find instructions for removing the glovebox!

Best regards, Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI Paul.......thanks for your help,I will look again in the morning and let you know how i get on.many thanks JF.
Expert:  MB Paul replied 4 years ago.
Hi JF,

No problem - let me know how you get on.

Best regards, Paul
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI Paul.....its nine thirty uk time and i've got the fan out.thank you for your help