MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I have a 2004 E320. The brake service indicator came on and

I have a 2004 E320. The brake service indicator came on and I had the brakes serviced but the warning is still on. Can you tell me how to reset it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 6 years ago.

There is no reset for the brake indicator.
Is the brake pad warning on or is there a message saying "SBC visit workshop" or similar?

Best regards, Paul
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It says SBC visit workshop. The mechanic changed the brake fluid.
Expert:  MB Paul replied 6 years ago.

this is displayed when there is a fault in the SBC system - usually the SBC hydraulic unit is faulty & must be programmed or replaced.
The vehicle will need to be checked for fault codes in the SBC system on a diagnostic tool.

If the SBC hydraulic unit does need replacing then this is usually covered by Mercedes under goodwill (here in the UK at least). This would need to be checked & goodwill applied for by a Mercedes Dealer.

I have never had one refused here in the UK & Mercedes will pay all costs if the unit is indeed faulty.

If the fault has only just started since the brake fluid change then it may need bleeding on Mercedes STAR diagnosis (this is the only approved way of bleeding - there is a bleeding routine in the STAR diagnosis tool).

Best regards, Paul