nelson garcia
nelson garcia, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  8 years experience with Mercedes Benz,Master Certifie and 3 years of road side technisian.
21112044

94 s420: just entered the radio code and the radio now says wait

I have a 94 s420, just entered the radio code and the radio now says "wait" and has not resumed operation. Any thoughts?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  nelson garcia replied 7 years ago.
you have enter the incorrect radio code more than three times and thats why is saying wait.first were exsactly did you gat that radio code from?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
radio-code.lt
sorry i didnt resieve any information from you, but you should call the mercedes benz dealer and ask to get the radio code for you're car.if they give you the same 4 # XXXXX you already try,then you are going to have to get the radio out and get the serial #.with this # XXXXX MB can get the right radio code.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it was a six digit code, the radio displays six empty dashes for code to be entered. all other codes i found for that radio were also six digits.

you can only get the radio code from the MB dealer by providing the vin # XXXXX you're car.not from any other place.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok, why is there a posting on this site from another customer, " I need a radio code for my 95 s320" that was answered by "eurotec" with a code? Can you not retrieve my code using my vin#?
i could get it but the MB dealer that i work with is currently close.if you give me you vin# XXXXX could get it on monday.and then i'll tell you what to do.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok. So do I give you the vin now and accept your respnse on monday when I get the code and instructions?
that sound ok
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

VIN# XXXXX

Look forward to hearing from you Monday, Thanks!

i will get it on monday. but first that wait message have to go away.leave the key on the second position with the message on the radio,after a while it should go away and then the dashes will apear.just then you will be able to put in the radio code and then press scan. dont know how long is going to take for that message to go away,so if i were you i would put a battery charger so the battery wont drain... tolk to u on monday..
this is the radio code that i found for your MB radio. 53114 let me know if this is the same # XXXXX you were using before.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, that is a new number! I am walking out to try it now!
ok turn the radio on and put the # XXXXX press scan bottom.it should work,if not let me know.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It worked! No sound, but the radio powered up! I'm going to accept your answer now, I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX patience and help. Is there a fuse or something going between the head unit and spaeakers?
check fuse #16 in the trunk 30a green fuse.this is the power to the soun system amplifier