Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Mercedes: Sprinter..plate..I find the speed pulse wire and what colour

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes Sprinter 02 plate. Where can I find the speed pulse wire and what colour is it? I am trying to connect my radio/sat nav system and require the speed sensor
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Could you provide me with VIN of the car to get the right wiring for you?

Best Regards,

Stan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi there stan chassis no is WDB904613r331161
Expert:  Stan replied 5 years ago.

Unfortunately i could not get the info on the setup of the van because one number in the VIN is missing.

Speed signal wire is connected at one end tu Plug 2 Pin 9 and the wire color is blue/red/white. It goes to connector J394. Here is its location, please click. Unfortunately i do not have better picture of this.

Regards,

Stan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HI STAN THIS J394 IS IT IN THE SPEEDO CLUSTER WIRING AND IS THIS WERE I CONECT MY PINK WIRE TO XXXXX ABS ON IT AND ITS A 2002 MODEL CHASIS NO IS .<WDB904613R331161>
Expert:  Stan replied 5 years ago.

This junction place J394 is located near the firewall behind the instrument cluster.

Easier way to find this wire would be to remove the instrument cluster and identify its plug 2 and pin 9. It must be blue/red/white. Splice into this wire, and you will have a speed signal.

Regards,

Stan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Stan

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately am unable to locate those wires. They do not exsist in my van. have took it to Mercedes Commercials. Fitted a speed sensor on gearbox white is white wire coming upto dash

Riccardo

Expert:  Stan replied 5 years ago.

Hi Riccaro,

I have tried to input the VIN twice, but still cant see your van's datacard. The VIN should have 17 numbers.

Sorry to hear my answer was not useful. You can close the question if you have solved the problem. I assure you your deposit is ni your account and you can easily withdraw it or use it for another question.

Regards,

Stan