Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

How do i program my keyless entry for my mercedes?

Customer Question

how do i program my keyless entry for my mercedes?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to just answer. Here is the procedure. If you accept this please hit the green payment tab. Thank you.

SYNCHRONIZING TRANSMISSION SIGNAL OF REMOTE CONTROL

If the vehicle cannot be locked or unlocked it may be necessary to synchronize the lock system

To synchronize, insert electronic key in steering lock.

The remote control should once again be operational.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have a new keyless remot an i want to programing it to the car my old one is ok
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
Have you tried that procedure. That should work. If it does not work you will need to take vehicle in to the mercedes dealer to coincide the remotes. They should be able to do this right in the drive for you by the scan tool
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what procedure?

Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.

Put the new remote key in the ignition.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i insert the electronic key in steering lock. and after what shood i do?
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
Then check to see if the remote works on the door locks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

nothing happened

Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
Ok then you need to go to the service drive and ask them to program that remote. They should be able to do that on the drive for you at no charge.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if you don't know how to program it why you didn't tell me from the begining
Expert:  Stan replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer

The previous expert opted out to let other experts to assist you. I assure you that your deposit is unused on your personal justanswer.com account, and it will stay there until you are satisfied with the answer and click ''Accept'' button.
As far as i understand you would like to teach in additional keyless-go transmitter card? I have these instructions, but i need the VIN of your car to confirm that they are applicable to your S-class.
Best Regards,
Stan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

this is the first time i use this site, i hope you can help me

the vin to my car is : wdbng70j5ya102272

Expert:  Stan replied 5 years ago.

This is a very interesting case. According to factory datacard, keyless entry was not installed on the factory. Anyways i attach the printout from the workshop manual on teaching in new keyless go card. As you can see, the diagnostic tester will need to be used to erase the previous card assignments, and then the keyless go control unit will learn one used and one new card. The instructions are attached below.

Best Regards,

Stan

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am in the car now, what is the pushbutton (s2/3)?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i don't have the (s2/3) button in my car, i think the new one has

Expert:  Stan replied 5 years ago.

Excuse me for not replying immideately,

As i said earlier, according to factory specs, there are no keyless entry system present on your car. Could you describe the keyless entry card you have? Does it have a pushbutton? Do you have an MB order number of it? Did you get it from MB dealer specifically for your car?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

my 2000 s430 has the new body like 2001 it has keyless entry, lock, unlock, trunk, panic.

i did not order it from MB i told you the key is used from other car (from ebay) and i want to program it to my car

thanks

Expert:  Stan replied 5 years ago.

The keys are pre-progammed from the factory to work only with one car, on the specific key track of the ignition switch control module. Only a brand new key or keycard ,ordered specifically for the VIN, can be programmed to that vehicle.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it is impossible to program original equipment key or a key card to a different vehicle, unless highly complex hacking equipment is used.

Regards,

Stan

Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer