promerc
promerc, mercedes diagnostic technician
Experience:  Qualified mercedes diagnostic technician & service team manager , ATA registered Master tech
13433296

Mercedes Benz C220: bypass..the doors..batteries..spare key

Customer Question

How can I reset or alternatively bypass my Mercedes Benz C220 1996 model's immobiliser.The locking system on the doors does not respond at all..I have changed the batteries in my primary key and also tried the spare key to no avail.When I open the door on the passenger side the alarm goes off and it does not want to start,obviously the car is immobilised..I also disconnected the car's battery,but that did not work either.Do you perhaps have any advice how to rectify this problem?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  promerc replied 7 years ago.
welcome to just answer , check that both red and green leds are working in the mirror , if the red has failed you wont be able to disable the immobiliser and a new mirror /reciever is needed , one thing try if they are ok is to reprogram the keys , to do this open the drivers door . point key towards the centre of the car , press and hold locking button for 10 secs , release and press just once , now put key in the ignition and turn until ignition lights come on , this should resynch the keys