MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

mercedes: 4 door and my radio stopped radio

Customer Question

i have a 2001 320e mecedes 4 door and my radio stopped working. i understand that they have had trouble with fiber optics in these systems for 3years that they used fiber optics for their radios. could it be something else like a fuse or am i looking at getting a new radio? i can get a used radio that doesnt come with the wire harness. any suggestions?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 7 years ago.

The fibre optic is just for sending data around the system (called D2B), it passes information onto other telematics control units ie telephone, cd changer.
Unless you have the upgraded sound system all wiring to the head unit & speakers is hard wired.

Are you getting any display on the radio or is it just sound you are not getting?

Best regards, Paul